Nursing Home Negligence
Your Options When Nursing Home Negligence Occurs
Families spend thousands of dollars to ensure that their loved ones have competent care in nursing homes and assisted living centers. Then they are shocked by the poor level of care that is provided. These are some of the most common failures:
- Bedsores and decubitus ulcers
- Unexplained injuries from falls
- Sepsis and other consequences of infection
- Dehydration, malnutrition and wasting away
- Errors in prescribing and administering medicines
- Allowing residents to wander away
- Negligence by hospitals
- Physical abuse by workers and other patients
We know the excuses offered for these shortfalls. Staff is too busy to attend to your loved one. Staff members are non-English speaking, or undertrained. They knew about the problems with your mother or father, and they intended to address them.
Lake County Lawyers Experienced In Nursing Home Negligence Cases
All these excuses fall flat, because they promised decent care, and they did not honor that promise. Attorney Michael Perillo of Noonan Perillo & Thut Ltd., is one of Illinois’ most respected lawyers in the area of nursing home negligence. He has stepped in when families discover that they have been misled, and their loved ones have suffered serious harm, because dollars meant more to facility operators than caring for people unable to care for themselves.
Common Nursing Home Abuse Questions
- What constitutes nursing home abuse?
- What do I do if I suspect abuse?
- How should I select the nursing home?
- How can I ensure quality care?
- Other common questions about nursing home failure
We invite you to learn about the scope of our practice, and how we may obtain compensation for the way your family member was mistreated. If money was more important to them than providing proper care, you can teach them a painful lesson.
Call Noonan Perillo & Thut Ltd., in Waukegan at 847.244.0111.